Business Analysis Manager (Non IT)
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Responsible for defining, designing and delivering the Firm's changing business need(s) in any given project or programme, which will incorporate changes to policy, process, practice and/or underpinning IT systems.
Who you will work with
Reporting into a Senior Business Analysis Manager, you will operate as part of the Global Programme Group (GPG) in Clifford Chance - specifically the Business Analysis function.
The GPG is a core Business Professional function that works directly with the Firm's senior leadership to shape and deliver the Firm's strategy. You will therefore work with a wide and varied range of internal and external business stakeholders to expertly define and deliver the most effective and efficient ways of working into the Firm.
As part of the Business Analysis function, you will work closely with Programme, Portfolio and Project colleagues in GPG to ensure projects and programmes are successfully defined and delivered into the Firm.
What you will be responsible for
You will bring a strong, business analysis capability to an increasingly people and impact-focused environment. You will add value to projects by using your analytical capabilities to consider, define and accommodate impact(s) to end users and stakeholders from the outset.
You will work on projects and programmes that may not only lead to changes in IT systems, but also the supporting Policy, Process and Practice – all with a view to ensuring the most effective and efficient practices within the firm.
You will lead a range of analytical activity across the Idea Lifecycle and work collaboratively with the business as well as project colleagues, providing a critical link between the two.
You will be responsible for the successful analysis, definition, and delivery of business change across any project or broader programme of change. You will be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, deploying skills across an end-to-end framework or lifecycle.
You will have demonstrable experience of industry-standard approaches and utilise the full range of techniques available to a skilled, collegiate Business Analysis Manager.
What you will do
You will contribute towards the development of the Business Analysis function and the ongoing effort to embed and promote the
Business Analysis framework and its merits. You will operate within
the framework and from beginning to end in any given project or Programme, design and deliver new or refined ways of working into the business and assure business benefits post-implementation.
In terms of technical expertise, you will:
- Work expertly with the business to define the problem or challenges to overcome, skillfully refining and summarizing requirements at both the summary level and in detail.
- Analyze requirement(s) and the necessary impacts/changes through an appropriate impact assessment or other recognized methodologies.
- Be able to articulate reasons, impacts and benefits quickly, clearly and succinctly, being mindful of audience.
- Produce essential pre-project documents and validate with project stakeholders and/or the business as required.
- Identify and agree business benefits and put measures in place to track success before, during and after deployment.
- Ensure broader project planning is entirely inclusive of the people, process and technology elements.
- Apply the appropriate challenge and independent expertise throughout your engagement, actively and objectively listening and responding to feedback.
- Estimate the analytical resources required on a per project basis and where appropriate contribute to project resource planning.
- Carry out evidence-based analyses and recommend objective options stakeholders can use to make informed decisions.
- Solicit and make use of user insight to drive process or solution design.
- Identify alternative solutions or approaches where required.
- Clearly consider and communicate changes to policy, operational processes, systems or people structures.
- Contribute towards the development of the Business Analysis function and the ongoing effort to embed and promote the Business Analysis framework and its merits.
In terms of common capabilities, you will have:
- Excellent communication (verbal, written and presentation) skills, with confidence to deliver at all levels.
- The ability to work effectively in a matrix-managed
- environment and informally influence and inform stakeholders and others – exemplifying the firms' Code of Conduct.
- Experience working on large-scale, complex projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests.
- The ability to balance conflicting needs and priorities.
- Strong and creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work across multiple projects concurrently, ensuring timely and high-quality delivery of tasks.
- Confidence to identify and highlight improvement opportunities, being both flexible and adaptable.
- Strategic and organisational awareness and the ability to apply these viewpoints to the detailed or people-focused challenges.
A relevant Business Analysis or Change certification is desired. You will have experience of working within a global Professional Services organisation, preferably the legal sector. You will have demonstrable knowledge of business analysis principles, methodologies, tools, and approaches. You will have experience of working on global change initiatives and a solid understanding of how to take people and organisations through the change process. You will have strong familiarity with industry-standard business change and project management approaches, tools and methodologies.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
The Business Analysis framework will be central to the way in which we deliver improvement projects and integrate with both the Change and Project Management functions. The post-holder will be fully supported by GPG colleagues and onboarded using the core frameworks to ensure clarity around optimum ways of working from the outset. You will then assist with onboarding new members of the team (either permanent or transient) using the framework.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here