At Clifford Chance we see inclusion as a core value of the firm and also of the law. To be the global law firm of choice in this area we need to be the leaders in this area, so our global strategy focusses on three pillars: In our firm, With our clients, and In the world. We believe that if you have a commitment to inclusion you must be prepared to use your skills and influence to champion, campaign and work to deliver on your values. Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience.
We have a number of flourishing employee networks and a mental health advocate initiative championed by senior leaders, which help to engage our colleagues in diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing.
Our global employee networks
Our global gender parity group, Accelerate>>>, is committed to taking bold actions to accelerate the pace of change towards gender parity and drive forward an inclusive and diverse culture. It's about all of us contributing to a culture where everybody has the opportunity to succeed.
The REACH Network is the firm’s network for advancing race equality and celebrating heritage. In doing so, we aim to increase understanding of the value of our cultural differences and achieve equality of opportunity for all so that at all levels, the firm will reflect the cultural and ethnic diversity of its employees.
Arcus is Clifford Chance's global LGBT network open to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans+, Intersex, Queer and diverse people and their Allies. Arcus aims to encourage an inclusive and integrated culture within Clifford Chance that gives colleagues the choice to be open and out, with a strong belief that it is such a culture that allows everyone to develop to their maximum potential.
Supporting colleagues living with a disability or a neurodiverse condition. We raise awareness, provide guidance and highlight the support available within Clifford Chance, as well as provide a safe space to engage and network. We work with our Inclusion team to identify barriers and to drive change within the firm to ensure our colleagues can work and thrive at Clifford Chance.
What we offer
Work environment based on mutual trust, respect and integrity with an emphasis collaboration, innovation, inclusion and talent development.
Our Three Conversations framework is a consistent approach to developing our talent and aims to improve colleagues’ experience and empower them to take the lead in shaping their careers. Implemented globally, Three Conversations creates the space to set inspiring and challenging objectives, talk about colleagues' career development and identify any support they may need to achieve their goals. This framework links colleagues' overall contribution to the firm with what they are assessed on at the end of the year and what they want to achieve next.
Employee engagement and wellbeing
- Mental and physical wellbeing sessions
- Yoga – for holistic wellbeing
- Health camps by experts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Engagement Committees (Entertainment, Corporate Social Responsibility, Sports, Hiking Club, etc.)
- Management Development Programmes
- (ISB and Clifford Chance Academy)
- Technical skills augmentation
- Professional Skills and Behavioural Development programmes
- Education Assistance programme
- Diverse projects and Global exposure
Reward and recognition
- Award structure linked to behaviours essential for driving individual and team performance
- Focus on Innovation, Delivery, Collaboration and Leadership
- Unique Reward and Recognition platform for real-time recognition
Compensation and benefits
- Market-competitive compensation and benefits
- Agile working – work from home and flexi-timing
- Ergonomics setup – best-in-class office space
- Support for employee groups with special requirements
- Focus on career development
- 360 degree-based performance management
- Advancement opportunities
- Secondment opportunities