Business Development Assistant
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Clifford Chance US LLP is seeking a temp-to-perm Business Development Assistant to provide support to our Client & Market Development and Brand, Communications & Marketing teams. The role will support and execute business development, marketing, and communications activities, initiatives, and projects across all practice areas, reporting to the Business Development Manager – Antitrust, Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Provide support to the Client & Market Development and Brand, Communications & Marketing team on various business development and marketing initiatives.
- Assist in producing and distributing client briefings and other thought leadership materials.
- Maintain business development materials such as practice group descriptions and lawyer biographies.
- Assist attorneys with preparing capability statements; tailoring client proposals and responses to RFPs; conducting client research and briefings; and competitor and market analysis.
- Assist in organizing client events and seminars.
- Assist in producing client communications such as newsletters, brochures, contact cards, and advertisements.
- Assist in maintaining content for the Firm's website and intranet.
- Assist in preparing and developing content for various legal industry award competitions, working closely with various Business Development Managers.
- Assist with the drafting of annual submissions for relevant legal directories and submitting required data to various industry league tables.
- Provide support to Client & Market Development Managers and Partners in producing detailed client research reports to support client development initiatives.
- Assist with capturing matter information for a matter database, league tables, directory listings, pitches, partner biographies, awards, and other external and internal communication activities.
- Support the team with the creation and maintenance of distribution lists in our CRM software (InterAction)
- Perform any other duties and projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a law firm or professional services environment is preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Spanish is preferred.
- Superior client service skills are demonstrated through:
- commitment to quality and attention to detail
- excellent oral and written communication skills
- ability to work as part of a team and with lawyers of all seniority levels
- strong project management and organizational skills
- ability to work under pressure and to manage competing needs
- ability to learn new technology and processes
- proactive and positive approach
- ability to work independently
- analytical and research skills
- understanding of our clients' commercial objectives and marketplace
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned, including working outside the core business hours as needed.
- Must be independently and legally authorized to work in the United States.
The salary range for this role is $28.00 to $30.00 per hour. Actual wage will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.