Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
At Clifford Chance, we believe in bringing the client - both internal and external - to the centre of everything we do. To do this we need to understand, anticipate and fulfil the unique needs and expectations of each client. We call this "Client Focus" and to help deliver this core part of our business strategy, we want to recruit people who not only excel in their field but who are also client focused.
We are looking for people who:
- can demonstrate a keen interest and enthusiasm to understand their Stakeholder's priorities
- are self-starters but also team players ready to help others and contribute to the overall success
- listen, understand, question and deliver; and are reliable and responsive, and worked in an environment of "client first"
- in short, we are looking for people who are motivated by client satisfaction and who strive to exceed the expectations of their clients
The broad scope of the role involves supporting allocated Stakeholders as an Executive Assistant and providing administrative services. This position will be a great learning opportunity for the right candidate looking to gain from the experience and pursue further studies/career. The role will be part of the Executive Assistant Hub ('EA Hub') and will include working as part of a team to ensure a high-quality service to all Stakeholders.
The EA will provide executive assistance and support to his/ her Stakeholders, including (but not restricted to):
- Inbox Management: Prioritise correspondences, always keep inbox junk-free, file emails to keep folders free from over-flowing as well as to give ease of locating emails at the same time, and revert on behalf of the Stakeholder, if directed so
- Calendar Management: Plan meetings proactively, manage conflicting demands and control dynamic diaries end to end. Arrange all logistics like agenda, pre-reads, co-ordinate and facilitate meetings as required, including attending such meetings, the taking of minutes and timely producing of action points/notes
- Travel Management: Organise end-to-end travel including flight, rail, taxi, hotel, VISA, travel insurance, etc, and build extensive itineraries ensuring not just logistics, but complete agenda is well prepared. Update calendar with logistic details and save everything in an organised way in data repository
- Expense Management and Budgeting: Proactively and meticulously submit all claims – expenses, mileage, etc – error free and with quick TAT. Assist with the raising and tracking of invoices as well as purchase orders. Support with updates for reporting and tracking against budgets where necessary
- Documentation: Ensure all correspondence and relevant materials are produced in a timely and accurate manner and assist with creation of presentations as required. Management of document control on iManage (internal document storing software), and maintenance of other related software or tools as requested by Stakeholders
- Consistency, Reliability and Integrity: This is the most important aspect of the engagement. Always maintain confidentiality, respect, and confidence of Stakeholders. Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements and ensure highest levels of integrity
- Collaboration: Work closely with your Stakeholders through regular correspondence. Be a team-player in the EA Hub at Delhi office, proactively participate in all activities and buddy new joiners, and provide absence cover where necessary
- Adhoc: Assist with any other ad-hoc tasks like assisting with onboarding a new joiner in Stakeholder's team, creating/ updating distribution lists, working on upskilling sessions and newsletters for Stakeholder's Team, coordinating for off-sites, official gatherings, etc
Skills and Experience
- Qualification: Bachelor's Degree/Masters/MBA from a reputed institute
- 6+ years' experience, preferably in a multinational organisation with exposure to multiple cultures
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or personal secretary to Senior Management, preferably involving minute taking and creation of presentations and Excel spreadsheets
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- In-depth understanding of entire MS Office suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to learn quickly, be curious and willing to get things done necessary to fulfil the requirements of the role and meet the business needs
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities. Must be able to work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, time pressured, quickly changing environment both on your own and as part of a wider team
- Project/programme experience is preferred though not essential as coaching will be provided
- Ability to deal with new and unfamiliar situations
- Ability to make effective decisions based on information or guidance available
- Ability to break down problems into component parts in order to decide next course of action
- Ability to think of ways to improve quality of service based on an understanding of the needs and concerns of the Stakeholders
Communicating and Influencing
- Very good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Approachable, helpful and flexible
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here