Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Clifford Chance US LLP is seeking a full time Legal Secretary to help provide high-level administrative support to our attorneys. This role requires strong attention to detail, great organizational and analytical skills, and a strong client service attitude. Successful candidates will be personable, responsive, and proactive. This position will be located in our Washington, DC office and report to the Operations Manager - DC.
- Provide day to day administrative support to our attorneys.
- Type, edit, proofread, and finalize documents.
- Prepare expense reports.
- Coordinate meetings, assist in organizing client events/seminars, travel arrangements, appointments, and conferences.
- Coordinate with the Billing team on billing matters.
- Interface with domestic and international clients.
- Enter attorney time into the Firm's billing system (Expert Time).
- Create, maintain, and manage files.
- Provide back-up coverage for other secretaries as needed.
- Perform other administrative functions and duties as assigned.
- Assist in fostering an environment of superior client service, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Manage all aspects of the monthly client billing process and distribution of invoices to clients, including:
- Distributing monthly prebills
- Processing billing partners' comments and revisions
- Coordinating and processing transfers and write-downs/write-offs
- Preparing draft bills for billing partner approval
- Preparing draft write-off forms for approval
- Finalizing and sending bills to clients
- Preparing, submitting, and monitoring e-bills
- Dispatching invoices that have been submitted to the client
- Preparing invoice packet for billing files
- 3-5 years of related legal or executive secretarial experience in a law firm or professional services firm.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate's degree or equivalent training preferred.
- Strong proficiency in Spanish is required.
- Must have a high level of typing accuracy at a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Must possess excellent organizational and client service skills.
- Must have a proactive and positive approach.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and growing environment.
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work overtime as assigned including working outside the core business hours as needed.
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.