Inclusion Manager - Americas
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
At Clifford Chance, we see inclusion as a core value and key driver to our business success. We are seeking a full time Inclusion Manager – Americas to support, drive and implement the Firm's inclusion strategy and our commitment to diversity. Our Firm believes delivering inclusion requires a campaigning approach and we aim to provide campaigns that inspire, empower, and activate people. This role will be part of the Global Inclusion team and will work closely with regional leadership in the Americas and the HR function. This role will report to the Head of Legal Recruiting - US with a dotted reporting line to the Global Director of Inclusion. This role will be based in the New York office.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and thought leader with deep knowledge of methods to support and promote diversity, equity, and inclusion within the Firm.
- Provide support to employee resource groups that support mentoring, a sense of community, well-being, and business objectives.
- Collaborate with regional leadership on developing and implementing the firm's DEI strategy across the Americas.
- Collaborate with the Global Director of Inclusion and the wider global inclusion team on developing the firm's strategy, goals, initiatives and best practices on diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Lead and support the implementation of the global inclusion strategy by:
- working alongside the Global inclusion team as required to develop inclusion strategies to deliver our inclusion targets;
- leading and facilitating inclusion-focused workshops;
- Identifying, engaging with and providing oversight to third party providers, where necessary, to develop cost-effective internal inclusion initiatives;
- Supporting the firm's engagement survey and other qualitative feedback tools by analyzing local responses, monitoring data trends, and identifying and disseminating key information, providing insights into the data collected;
- Collaborating with the regional recruiting team to embed impactful inclusion practices that are consistently implemented;
- Helping to design and implement successful inclusion campaigns within the firm;
- Partner with the regional Affinity groups by providing strategic advice, overseeing the execution of network strategy, and reporting progress to key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Global Inclusion team and others throughout the Firm to help develop and implement the Firm's inclusion campaign calendar.
- Work closely with our Brand, Communication and Marketing team on internal communications to maximize the impact of the firm's inclusion campaigns regionally.
- Work with the wider global inclusion team and Client, Marketing and Development teams to develop and deliver client inclusion services, events, and collaboration opportunities.
- Support client pitches, request for proposal (RFP) documents, and surveys, liaising with other teams/offices as appropriate;
- Support client inclusion programs and participate on panels for client events as and when necessary;
- Responsible for designing and delivering the Americas reverse mentoring and Bubbles programs (aligned to Affinity groups), supporting with tools and annual review to assess impact. Support the global team with the implementation of global reverse mentoring, sharing best practice and insight from programs within the global network.
- Responsible for tracking DEI metrics and programmatic efforts and accomplishments across the Firm.
- Keep abreast of current DEI initiatives and best practices in the legal industry.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with significant level of responsibility and expertise in diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives within a law firm or professional services firm; change management experience preferred.
- A bachelor's degree in business, Human Resources or related field preferred.
- Must have a global mindset and perspective.
- Proven track record of developing relationships with key stakeholders and senior leadership with the ability to influence decisions and outcomes at the senior level.
- Must have a strong understanding and knowledge of developing and implementing key inclusion practices, policies, and processes.
- Strong proficiency in data management, analytics, and reporting.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and growing environment, surrounded by strong and demanding personalities.
- Facility in making effective decisions using sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize competing demands to meet deadlines.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with other colleagues within a matrix organization.
- Must have strong technical proficiency in various software programs, including Microsoft Office.
- Must be independently and legally authorized to work in the United States.
Clifford Chance US LLP offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package. The salary range for this role is $150,000 to $170,000. Actual salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.