Learning & Leadership Development Lead - Academy & Learning Technologies
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Role Closing Date- 16th February 2024
You will lead the delivery of the Clifford Chance Academy, including innovation and world-class delivery of all curriculums and offerings working in partnership with other L&LD leads. In addition, you will have strategic oversight and delivery of the L&LD digital learning strategy and technologies roadmap, including bringing in new tools and reviewing and implementing an LXP.
Who you will work with
You will work closely with the Global Head of Learning and Leadership Development (L&LD), the wider L&LD team members, CoEs across the firm, the Head of Coaching, regional HR teams and other key functions, such as Finance and IT.
What you will be responsible for
You will be responsible for working with the business to enable and improve individual and Firm performance aligned with the Firm's strategic objectives. You will work as a key member of the global Learning and Leadership Development Centre of Excellence and will be specifically responsible for the design, development, and implementation of global Learning and Leadership Development curriculum, digital strategy and learning technologies roadmap. You will also support priority strategic projects.
You will ensure our people and leaders have a world class learning experience and access to leading edge platforms and tools to develop and grow.
What you will do
Strategic leadership of the academy, including innovation and world-class delivery of all curriculums and offerings working in partnership with the L&LD leads.
Deliver strategic learning needs analysis on an annual basis to clearly articulate the current business needs and priorities, aligned to the Firm's and people and talent strategy.
Strategic oversight and delivery of the L&LD digital learning strategy and technologies roadmap, including management of our LMS (Cornerstone), bringing in new digital tools, and reviewing and implementing an LXP.
Branding, marketing and communication of academy and associated programmes/ initiatives.
Creation and maintenance of learning pathways for lawyers and business professionals.
Oversight of working relationship between L&LD team and service Delivery team (operations).
Providing thought leadership and leveraging external trends/ content/platforms/tools/suppliers to deliver market leading development solutions.
Work collaboratively with internal and external partners (inc. vendors) on design, development, implementation and evaluation of development programmes and initiatives, including other L&LD CoE team members, other CoEs, Head of coaching, regional HR teams, other key functions (e.g. Finance, IT).
- You will be a strong communicator who has the confidence to operate at all levels within the organisation. You will have a flexible and effective communication style, to ensure communication strategies promote inclusivity and diversity.
- You will have the ability to help drive long-term business and HR strategy, thinking in global terms and demonstrating strong business acumen.
- You will be able to work successfully with key stakeholders to create joint expectations and deliverables; striving for positive results and engaging others in the journey.
- You will be credible as a subject matter expert and able to build relationships with people at all levels, leveraging and developing on your internal network.
- You will have the ability to deliver clear and impartial strategic advice in a consultative manner.
- You will have excellent project management and organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise activities and co-ordinate input from internal and external partners.
- You will be accurate and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- You will have solid experience of designing and implementing leadership development programmes/activities.
- You will have an excellent track record of designing and delivering strategic learning interventions that drive behavioural change.
- You will have experience of building and leading capability programmes; from design through to measuring success over time.
- You will have experience of partnering with and influencing senior stakeholders/leadership teams, across borders and in a matrixed / global environment.
- You will have a solid understanding of core leadership theories and best practice.
- You will have a global perspective, with sensitivity to multiple and diverse cultures.
- A relevant qualification is desirable, but not essential. For example, a qualified occupational psychologist or a relevant professional qualification in Management (e.g. ILM, CMI).
- A relevant coaching qualification is desirable but not essential.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
This role follows our 'balanced' hybrid working approach and as long as business needs allow, you will be supported to work in a hybrid way with the expectation of working from the office for a minimum of 50% of your time.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.