Legal Recruiting Coordinator
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Clifford Chance US LLP is seeking a full-time, temp-to-perm Legal Recruiting Coordinator. The role will provide general administrative assistance and support to the Legal Recruiting Department in all aspects of lateral attorney recruitment and summer and fall law clerk program administration. This role can be based either in our New York, NY, or Washington, DC, offices.
- Assist with the summer law clerk and fall recruitment programs, including assigned duties related to on-campus recruiting.
- Provide administrative support, including, creating/maintaining files, preparing correspondence, and coordinating conflicts and background checks for prospective hires.
- Facilitate job fair and on-campus interview registration and coordinate end-of-year feedback.
- Coordinate candidate interviews, assist in the preparation of on-campus interview materials, and coordinate post-offer follow up efforts.
- Schedule and organize reviews of entry-level candidate's summer law clerks for hiring committee meetings.
- Assist in planning and coordinating summer law clerk events and internal presentations and trainings, including summer law clerk orientation.
- Coordinate summer law clerk assignments, track and compile evaluations, and act as liaison between summer assignment associates and summer law clerks to determine staffing needs.
- Coordinate gift and give-away orders for summer law clerk program, entry-level and lateral candidate arrivals and for other recruiting functions.
- Maintain and update the Firm's recruiting micro site.
- Provide support during diversity-related, law student, summer program, and attorney social events including receiving responses, creating/distributing nametags, following up with invitees.
- Assist in coordinating on-campus interviews and events for LLM recruitment, including liaising with other global CC offices.
- Work closely with lateral recruiting team and sponsor partners to meet strategic growth targets.
- Respond to and direct candidate inquiries.
- Assist in scheduling interviews with lateral candidates, including working with our attorneys to gain availability, following up and compiling feedback and checking in with applicants to ensure the process is running smoothly.
- Monitor and track recruitment metrics, including but not limited to, diversity statistics and lateral submissions and spending.
- Respond to a broad range of lateral recruitment inquiries including but not limited to internal inquiries from the US and other CC offices throughout the network.
- Assist in maintaining third-party relationships with recruitment agencies and headhunters to keep them updated on active openings and market particularly sensitive searches.
- Perform other related duties as assigned pertaining to on-campus recruitment, the summer law clerk program and lateral hiring.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred. High School Diploma or GED required.
- Legal recruiting experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional client service skills.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to work outside the core business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel to as needed (infrequent).
- Must be independently legally authorized to work in the United States.
Clifford Chance US LLP offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package. The salary range for this role is $60,000 - $70,000. Actual salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualifications and relevant experience.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
Our one firm global strategy is focused on targeted growth led by the needs of our core clients, those who we can best support with the breadth and depth of Clifford Chance expertise, across the sectors and geographies, which matter most to them.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.