Performance Test Lead - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract!
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
Clifford Chance is a trailblazer in legal innovation, leveraging cutting-edge technology and forward-thinking strategies to redefine the practice of law. Joining our team means being at the forefront of legal evolution, working with a pioneering mindset to anticipate and navigate the challenges of an ever-changing legal landscape.
This Role will lead our Performance/Non-functional Test Stream to the next stage of our evolution. In this role you will make your mark in Clifford Chance, providing a fresh and modern approach to further strengthen our services.
Who you will work with
You will work with a high performing QA & Test Team. And this role gives you an exciting opportunity to shape a team of experienced performance testers.
What you will be responsible for
- Stakeholder Engagement: Understand and translate their needs into technical directions for the offshore team. Ensure that findings effectively communicate risks and impact to users.
- Risk Management: Identify and manage potential risks to ensure business expectations for new products are met and issues during production rollouts are minimized.
- Cloud Product Expertise: Leverage expertise in cloud products, primarily Azure-based, to plan strategies in alignment with the Firm's IT Strategy. Ensure the firm adopts best practices for cloud adoption and mitigates potential risks.
- QA Culture: Adhere and improve upon the Values, Mission, Principles, and the QA Framework.
What you will do
- Test Strategy Development: Develop and implement robust performance and non-functional test strategies that are endorsed by all stakeholders. Implement forward plans for projects transitioning to operational support.
- Project Management: Oversee projects such as iManage Cloud, Exchange Online, InTapp Time, and others. Ensure successful deployment and performance.
- Test Stream Expansion: Identify target live applications which will benefit from ongoing monitoring to understand behaviour trends over extended periods. Include periodic review of support calls to identify areas of improvement e.g., to help reduce volume of support calls related to performance.
- Test Stream Improvement: Develop a 3-Year Strategic Roadmap. Survey the technology, current way of work, and identify improvement targets.
- Vendor Management: Coordinate with offshore vendors and manage their resources effectively to meet project demands. Use metrics to monitor and improve the team's performance.
- Broaden AI Adoption: Leverage OpenAI (GPT) capabilities for QA and testing (e.g., test strategies, automation, etc.) and expand adoption of AI tools like Tricentis Tosca.
- QA Administrator: Manage the test applications and assets. Include ownership and maintenance of our Architecture Design Briefs and Low-Level Diagrams, machines, accounts, and other assets.
- Proven experience in complex performance testing and strategy development, including other facets of non-functional requirements.
- Strong understanding of cloud products, particularly Azure.
- Strong foundation on leading performance test applications and utilities e.g., Neoload, LoadRunner and monitoring tools, as well as leading functional test automation tools e.g. Tosca. Ability to code utilities and wrappers is desirable.
- Experience working on AI or AI-augmented applications. OpenAI is preferred, but comparable systems are acceptable.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to mimic end user experiences accurately.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Experience working with offshore teams and effectively manage vendors.
- Must have experience on 'modern' test practices and techniques.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Experience using Rally and Azure Test Plan is desirable. But experience in comparable test and defect management systems are acceptable.
How we will support you
From your first day with us, you will have varied opportunities to continuously grow and development your skills and knowledge. From formal training, informal coaching and mentoring through to skills-based and technical training and on the job learning.
You can also get involved in a variety of employee affinity groups. There is also opportunity to be part of charitable events and volunteering.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.