Senior IT Technical Support and Training Specialist
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
The Senior Technical Support Analyst role is a highly customer focused face-to-face support function. Working closely with the Regional Technology Manager the individual will provide technical support for infrastructure, end user devices, applications and service within our Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Riyadh offices – an element of travel to these offices will be expected. The individual will have experience in supporting end user devices, operating systems, applications and services. They include but not limited to MS365, Intune, DMS, Win 10 & 11, Android OS and Apple iOS. The role will also require the individual to work closely with remote 3rd line technical teams to provide an on-the-ground point of contact for all on-premise server, network and AV infrastructure devices.
This is a very fast paced and dynamic role that requires someone that can think on their feet, is very proactive and has exceptional attention detail. The individual must be very structured, and process driven to ensure consistent and quality service delivery.
- Build relationships with end users using a face-to-face approach to service in a high-touch environment.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business and end users to ensure priorities are assessed appropriately and service delivered to the expected level of the end users and clients.
- Provide a high degree of initiative and a willingness to take ownership of issues and requests, keeping the client's and end user's interests at the forefront of all activity.
- Build a profile as a trusted advisor capable of providing support and advice on all aspects of the firm's technology to clients and end users.
- Build relationships and work closely with colleagues in other technical teams across the firm to ensure a quality end user and client experience is consistent and in line with the firm's global approach to IT services.
- Monitor and maintain the ITSM ServiceNow Incident and Request queues to ensure that tickets are resolved in a timely manner, working with internal OLA and SLA resolution targets to meet the firm's expectations.
- Manage Priority 1 and 2 major incidents, liaising with remote 3rd line teams, Service Management and local vendors to resolve, assuming the role of local Incident Manager when required.
- Work with the Regional Technology Manager and remote 3rd line teams in managing and executing all local Change Requests.
- Utilise the IT knowledge base to resolve tickets, highlighting where gaps exist, or knowledge is incomplete or inaccurate and work with the relevant teams to input into the knowledge base where appropriate.
- Support all teams within the Service, Support, Operations and Engineering groups to ensure technology within the Middle East region is understood and fully supported by the wider IT function.
- Develop and maintain local documentation to ensure continuous service and smooth transfer of knowledge across the department.
Hardware Provisioning and Asset Tracking
- Responsible for the provisioning, tracking, monitoring, reporting of hardware asset status, administering asset tracking tools via the ITSM ServiceNow platform and ensuring ongoing accuracy as a priority.
- Manage and maintain a well-balanced stock of key hardware items to provide a smooth and efficient service to our end users.
- Develop and deliver the IT induction and ad-hoc training requirements in coordination with the UK-based IT Training team and the Virtual Training Group (VTG)
- Participate in the Global Training Forum
- Ensure local training requirements are met and in line with the firm's global approach.
- Work closely with HR to ensure all incoming staff are fully up to speed and comfortable with the Clifford Chance IT systems and processes.
- Educated to degree or equivalent certifications.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or above desirable.
- Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSA Certification or equivalent Microsoft qualification desirable.
- Minimum 5yr experience in a similar technical support role.
- Extensive technical working knowledge and experience of Smartphone and tablet operating systems and hardware.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS365, Win10 & Win11, DMS and end user desktop and laptop hardware and configurations.
- Experience in supporting mobile device operating systems and hardware.
- Previous experience working with VOIP technology including telephony, Video Conferencing and desktop video chat applications e.g., MS Teams & Cisco WebEx.
- Previous experience of supporting network and server infrastructure.
- Extensive experience of hardware provisioning and asset tracking, monitoring and reporting.
- Previous experience of supporting legal sector specific applications is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in delivering IT training would be an advantage.
- Strong relationships skills. Confidence in communicating at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Professionals.
- Strong customer focused skills with the ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment.
- Previous experience working in the legal or financial sector is an advantage.
- Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing detailed and user-friendly communications to a varied audience.
- Analytical Thought & Problem Solving.
- Makes decisions that solve the immediate problem and prevent it from occurring again.
- Prepares for potential problems and contingencies in case things go wrong.
- Takes prompt action to resolve problems quickly.
- Uses all relevant sources of information, including the team and other colleagues, to generate solutions.
Communicating and Influencing
- Uses a range of different influencing techniques.
- Takes account of different needs and concerns to effectively persuade others.
- Communicates effectively with the team through structured meetings and reviews.
Commitment and Self-Motivation
- Monitors and reviews the quality of service that is provided to ensure that it meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Resolves problems with clients confidentially and professionally.
- Remains positive even if progress is slow and solutions are diluted.
- Demonstrates a drive towards continual personal growth and development.
- Is a valued member of IT outside their immediate team.
- Demonstrates credibility with stakeholders.
- Is valued as a trust advisor to the business.
- Demonstrates an understanding of what different departments do and how they work together.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the firm's priorities.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of clients' operational and environmental pressures, priorities and objectives.
Who we are
We are one of the largest international law firms in the world. With over 30 offices across the globe, we strive to exceed the expectations of our clients, providing them with the highest-quality advice and legal insight, which combines the firm’s global standards with in-depth local expertise.
Our firm, work and people span jurisdictions, cultures, and languages. We offer our clients a truly international perspective. We believe every career should be rewarding and stimulating - full of opportunities to learn, thrive, and grow. That’s why we’re so proud of our inclusive, friendly, and team-based approach to work.
You’ll find our clients in commercial and industrial sectors, the financial investor community, governments, regulators, trade bodies, and not-for-profit organisations. But no matter who they are or why they’ve reached out to us, we provide a world-class service every step of the way. And that’s possible thanks to the entrepreneurial spirit and conscientious approach to work that you’ll find across all of our teams.
Whichever area of the business you join, you’ll become an integral part an innovative, diverse and ambitious team of people. Clifford Chance is a place where the brightest minds and the best of colleagues meet.
Equal opportunities statement
At Clifford Chance, we understand that our true asset is our people. Inclusion is good for our team and their families, our firm and society.
We are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity and expression, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age. This applies to recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment including pay, promotion, training, transfer and every other aspect of employment.
We have a variety of flourishing employee networks. These networks are a place for colleagues to share experiences and advocate for change wherever they see an opportunity for improvement.
Our goal is to deliver an equality of opportunity, an equality of aspiration and an equality of experience to everyone who works in our firm.
Find out more about our inclusive culture here.