Singapore HR Business Partner
Do you want to be notified every time a job like this gets added? Click the CTA below!
Great news! We will let you know when a new job like this has been added!
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
You will have experience as an HR Manager/ HR Business Partner in a professional services organisation with a highly trained workforce and a reputation for HR service excellence. You will have gained significant operational experience and you will now be looking for a role that combines working at both an operational and strategic level.
You will have a proven track record of developing and implementing HR initiatives that have demonstrably contributed to achieving business objectives and enhanced overall business performance.
You will be educated to degree level or equivalent and ideally have formal HR qualifications e.g. (Fellow) CIPD, master's degree and demonstrate strong commercial awareness.
People and Talent Strategy
- Partner with OMP/ GM and their leadership team to develop and deliver people strategy aligned to the Country/ Office strategy and the firm's People and Talent Strategy.
- Actively participates in the regional HR leadership team.
- Actively contribute to the people strategy formation by participating in global and regional HR projects linked to the strategy.
- Manages, leads and develops the local HR team; coaches team members in implementing the people strategy with due regard to all applicable policies; monitors the quality and timely delivery of all activities and supports the professional development of the team.
- Works with the Global (and regional) Head of Inclusion to drive a culture of inclusion and diversity and empowers business leaders and Partners to do the same.
- Identifies and adopts relevant and impactful initiatives, ensuring they are tracked and adapted as appropriate.
- Works with the Global Head of Wellbeing and People Experience to lead a programme focused on improving the wellbeing of the firm's population.
- Promotes and communicates on a range of wellbeing initiatives including physical and mental health. Challenges business decisions that are incongruent with the firm's wellbeing strategy.
Listening and Engagement
- Monitors people engagement through, for example, surveys, working with the regional HRBP and other relevant colleagues to develop and implement action plans.
- Uses broader data from other sources of employee listening from across the firm, e.g. Code of Conduct workshops, Inclusion focus groups, etc to give a broader perspective and insights.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to the Partners/ Head of Departments on all employee relation issues. Instructs or strongly influences managers/ partners on sensitive ER issues and the appropriate approach to resolve conflict.
- Keeps up to date on all aspects of relevant legislation and communicates the impact of any changes on existing policies/procedures to the relevant stakeholders
- Provides, where appropriate, confidential employee counselling, guidance and coaching with the aim of resolving situations informally when possible
- Completes the annual HR budgeting process through analysis of past spend and potential future cost.
- Completes the quarterly reforecast process ensuring all projected spend is considered.
- Collates and acts on management information/ analytics on headcount, attrition, utilisation, ratios and other key HR metrics to inform the business and to optimise effective decision making.
Policies and Processes
- Ensures that all standard processes are in place and administered efficiently and consistently within agreed timescales - i.e., references, visa documentation, hiring and transfers.
Risk, Data and Analytics
- Brings people data, analytics and reporting to OMP/ GM to inform key people processes and decisions. Partners with analytics CoE on specific problem statements and leverages consistent reporting standards developed by CoE. Ensure the integrity of people data kept for offices is maintained.
- Analyses turnover and retention data and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Provides routine and special reports to government agencies/ regulatory bodies as required.
- Is responsible for risk and compliance in terms of legislative and regulatory requirements (i.e. practicing certificates, Law Society Reporting, immigration & tax); Participates in the compliance and risk review on an annual basis to identify and overcome significant business risks within the office(s)
Workforce Planning and Org Design
- Partners with key stakeholders to determine the business need for new and amended roles. Identifies key responsibilities and impacts of proposed changes on existing roles and structure to shape the decision. Partners with colleagues to role map.
- Work with Country/ Office leadership to develop a resourcing plan that anticipates demand and capacity needs, future skills and capabilities, and attrition. Work across CoEs (e.g. Talent Acquisition, Academy and Leadership Development) to coordinate the plan.
- Work with Country/ Office leadership to ensure optimal organisation structure for the Country/ Office
- Works closely with Talent Acquisition CoE to develop an approach to resourcing that attracts the best talent, is cost effective and provides an exceptional candidate experience.
- Accountable for all external hiring, including lateral hires and ensuring the right support ad coaching is in place as part of the overall onboarding experience.
- Oversees the recruitment of graduates under the office/ country scheme, ensuring market position is maintained and costs are managed.
- Ensure that any internal transfers, including partner transfers are managed effectively.
- Working with Talent Acquisition, ensures that appropriate training is provided for those involved in the interview process.
- Delivers the 'Three Conversations' from end to end including timetabling, communication, appraiser training, meetings to moderate ratings and agree key messages for the discussions.
- With the appropriate Partners/ Managers identifies and addresses overall performance issues/ gaps that impact on the success of the business performance/ strategy.
- Ensures the office/ country reward strategy is regularly reviewed and is aligned to local salary market data, in accordance with the global compensation framework. Influence and guide Partners/ Head of Department in fair and objective decision making.
- Manages and implements the annual salary and bonus review process.
- Uses outputs of Talent Pipeline Reviews, employee listening, people data and analytics, succession planning, etc to identify career development opportunities and plans for key roles, high performers, diverse talent.
- Builds a development culture within the office(s) to ensure that transparent career structures and development plans are in place.
- Supports OMP/ GM in succession planning for key roles, leadership roles and senior partner succession planning.
- Works with OMP/ GM on annual process to review leadership potential of partners on annual basis, coordinating with regional heads of HR and Talent Management and L&D CoEs
- Identifies skills and experience gaps across Office/ Country and partner with relevant CoEs to ensure development plans are in place.
- Acts as a trusted advisor in any relevant promotion process in line with succession planning.
Code of Conduct
- Partners with OMP/ GM to ensure adherence to the firm's Code of Conduct